June 19, 2007

A thief in my garden!

I have a thief in my vegetable garden. And I know who it is. It is my dog Maxie, the pea pod thief.

Maxie is a big fan of most vegetables and one of her favorites is sugar snap peas. She has discovered that when the vines get too tall for the trellis, they fall over and this is her cue to help herself to all the peas on the vines. She has even figured out how to distinguish between the vines and the peas, as she spits the vines and leaves out and eats only the peas. When she is out in the back yard and cannot be seen, just look behind the row of arborvitae where the vegetable garden is hidden from the pool area and there you will find Maxie, munching on peas!

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

She has good taste, anyway. Nothing like home grown veggies!

Rev. Daren J. Zehnle, J.C.L., K.C.H.S. said...

How cute!