December 10, 2007

Book Meme

Fr. Daren had tagged me for a book meme. Now I am a voracious reader, but certainly of nothing as intellectual or stimulating as his list. I'm more the fiction/chick lit type reader. But I will dig deep into the far reaches of my brain to recall some of the finer works of literature that I may have read. And if that doesn't work, I guess my answers will reflect the shallowness of my literary interest.


One book that changed your life: Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi. I saw the author on a talk show and just couldn't believe how any one could be so controlling and horrible. After I read the book, it made me pray that he would never be out of prison.

One book that you’ve read more than once: The Shell Seekers by Rosamund Pilcher. It makes me want to go to Scotland. Of course, anything she writes makes me want to go to Scotland.

One book that made you laugh: Everything but Money by Sam Levinson. I loved his description of growing up during the depression and all the silly things he and his siblings did to entertain themselves.

One book that made you cry: Death Be Not Proud by John Gunther. I was a teenager when I read this and it made me think about what it would be like to find out that you are going to die and you haven't even begun to live yet.

One book that you wish had been written: The Encyclopedia of Teenage Boys. I don't think this needs any explanation.

One book that you wish had never been written: The Bridges of Madison County. I read the book and didn't get the hype. It wasn't even one of the best works of fiction that I had ever read. Sorry Oprah, this book would never be in my book club.

One book you’re currently reading: Double Cross by James Patterson. I absolutely do not miss reading anything he has written.

One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Bible. I have never read the Bible from cover to cover and it is something I want to read, but never seem to pick it up and read it.

Now tag five people:

Barb
Christine
Lorri
Michele
Margaret

No comments: