January 16, 2008

Hi ho, Hi ho it's off to work I go...

I am back to working part-time again. Last week a job offer fell into my lap and I decided to take it.

So what am I doing? I am the new secretary at my parish!

Our parish is merging with the other parish in town. With the merger comes two of everything, including the office staff. Our parish secretary decided to look for another job since she was not guaranteed a position after the merger takes place in July. She got an offer for a great job with great benefits that was just too good to pass up.

Our new pastor, realizing that our parish office is a pretty busy place, decided to keep the office open for part of the day and when he asked the prior secretary if she could think of any one who would want the job and know enough to provide for a smooth transition, she suggested me. I was caught a bit off guard when I got the call, but since I was already thinking about looking for a part-time job, I decided to take it.

I don't know if there will be a position for me after July 1st,Or if I would even want a permanent job, and I do know that I don't want something full time, but for now, I am enjoying my new job.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Excellent! And right now you are in a perfect position to help keep the tone positive as the merger moves along.