Kate the Country Girl was interviewed on her blog today and she invited her readers to be interviewed by her. I think it's a great way for people to get to know you so I thought I'd give it a try. So herewith my interview by Kate:
1. I can see from your blog that you're a bit of a sports fan. Did you play any sports in high school or college? What sports do you enjoy viewing?
Ooh, a locker room question - yes, I did play sports in high school - three years of varsity tennis, two years of JV field hockey and a year of lacrosse. I would have loved to play tennis in college, but my schedule conflicted with practice, so I opted to be a student and not a student-athlete. It was definitely a mistake, since I really missed playing competitive tennis.
As far as watching, I love to watch ice hockey, baseball, tennis and football, but only if I am at the game.
2. When did you begin blogging? And why?
I started blogging almost two years ago after reading some other blogs. I don't remember why I started it, but it was probably to see if I could figure out how to do it.
3. Where is the farthest you've travelled from home? Did you enjoy the trip?
About eight and a half years ago, I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii. My husband had a conference to go to, so we decided to make it a family trip. It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on - we went to the Pearl Harbor Memorial, we drove the Road to Hana, drove to the top of Haleakala, introduced our son to snorkeling, watched from the beach as he went scuba diving (I was too claustrophobic with the mask and air tank on) and ate so much pineapple that we all had ulcers in our mouths. It was a blast and I want to go back. It is truly paradise.
4. Who is one person that you truly admire? Why?
Definitely my mother. She has been through so much in the past six or seven years with two hip replacements (one was a second replacement on a hip replaced 13 years ago), had back surgery, had surgery to have her bottom jaw rebuilt and had a "woman's " operation. And through all this, she kept her faith and her spirits up. She still has pain, but she doesn't let it get the best of her because she realizes that when the pain wins, her quality of life will diminish. She is a rock and the best mother a girl could have. And she will be 80 in less than two weeks.
5. You've won a contest. You can choose either a maid to do your housekeeping or a cook to make your meals for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?
Definitely a maid. I HATE to clean - it's just not in my genetic make-up. Even now, I have a cleaning lady who comes every other week - I hate to clean bathrooms and dust (thanks mom, for giving me your two least favorite tasks so I could hate them too!!!!) As far as cooking, I love to cook - even just simple things.
Here's the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So if you would like to get five questions from me, leave me a comment and your e-mail address and I will be happy to interview you too!