November 20, 2013

Atlanta in October

While I still haven't gotten pictures from my husband, I will post with limited pictures of my own.

My oldest brother attended college in Atlanta.  And after college, he settled there.  I miss having him close, but we keep in touch and that helps.

So this year, for the first time since the '96 Olympics, we traveled to Atlanta for a visit.

We had a few things planned for this trip - so here's a summary:

Thursday we traveled to Kennesaw to visit with blog friend Sue and her husband.  But on the way there we stopped at Livi-Rae of the Double Diva's fame so I could get fitted for a bra.  It was a great experience.  Then off to see Sue who out did herself as a hostess.  This is the table - just look at that wonderful spread.
 Sue has an absolutely beautiful home.  And to my husband's delight, a lot of cars!  Our husband's got along great and the afternoon was just wonderful.
 Our hostess with the mossest and yours truly.

Friday we ventured into Atlanta to Olympic Park and finally got to see our brick that we purchased during the Olympics.


Then we hit the CNN center.

Saturday we were off to Dawsonville for the 46th annual Moonshine Festival.  It was a cacophony of cars and noise as running moonshine was the early beginnings of NASCAR.  

I think there were about a thousand cars there, most of them classics with a few new ones thrown in.  My husband was in car heaven!

Saturday night, we got to see the legendary Leon Redbone in concert - he was great!

Sunday was an easy day of visiting - a little shopping and dinner out.  

We had a wonderful weekend visiting with my brother and sister-in-law.  Can't wait to visit again!

No comments: