January 13, 2015

2015 - Week 2

Last week I mentioned that I thought I was starting with a cold.  I was right.  A week of dealing with a sore throat that morphed into a head cold and I thought I might escape the dreaded chest cold.  Nope.  Not this time.  Got up yesterday morning with a nasty cough.  This time I jumped on it and saw the Nurse Practitioner who, because of my immunity deficiency that makes me more vulnerable to upper respiratory infections, prescribed an antibiotic.  And none of that sissy stuff - the hard core one that works.   An immunity issue and the fact that I am allergic to many antibiotics - not a great combination.  Yeah me.

Been working on trying to organize, purge, clean things around the house.  I started by tackling several bookshelves that are in the basement.  They had become a dumping ground for not only books, but anything else that made it to the basement with out a home.  Some major organizing of books, weeding through junk and actually putting some things away and that corner is looking better - not perfect yet, but much better.  I'm thinking that this will be a year long project in which success will be measured in inches and not yards.

Trees still need to be put away although they are devoid of decoration.  While I am looking forward to getting the house put back together, there is that little part of me that will miss them.  Oh well, only 10 more months and they will return.






5 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I still have to un-decorate my Kitchen....I plan to do a lot of organizing a lot of things this year.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Deb

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ellen,
I thought doing a post on all my favorite photos from magazines and than pinning them would allow me to get rid of some stuff and it did work. I will continue to do this. I took the magazines into work for patient's and visitors to look through.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

My tastes are not just Victorian and I do like to incorporate different styles into my decorating!!

Hugs,
Deb

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave such a sweet comment on my 57 Shades of Gray!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sue said...

Your blogging again!! I had given up on you months ago....but too much talking about cleaning and purging and getting rid of stuff....that's no fun....We want to hear about shopping and eating and your trips.....etc!! You need a good trip to Ikea for meatballs! Go without John....

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I hope you are feeling better....
I have been on a purging mission too!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Debbie