Barb, my riverfront friend, has tagged me with a "New and improved 4 x 2 meme. "
Here are the rules: Share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. Then share four things you want to try new in the next four years.
Four New Things in the Past Four Years:
1) My son started and graduated from high school. He is my only child, this was big event in our lives.
2) Menopause - it said new, not necessarily good things!
3) I had my first massage and boy am I hooked. Although getting one is a real treat, I enjoy them when I can indulge. A good massage is like heaven on earth.
4) I got hooked on the show 24. A friend introduced me to it by loaning me the first two seasons on DVD and now I only watch it on DVD, so I have to be patient and wait for each season to be complete and for it to be released on DVD. Patience is not one of my better traits.
Four Things in the Next Four Years:
1) I hope to get into better shape with better eating habits and working out with a personal trainer.
2) I would like to beat my tennis partner just once - I know this is a stretch, but one can hope and one must have a goal!
3) I would like to learn to speak and understand Spanish. I took one year in high school and two semesters in college, but I can only remember a few phrases.
4) I would like to ski out west. I am not a good skier, but we haven't had such great winters for skiing in the east, so I would like to go west to learn to ski better!
I now tag the following souls:
Fr. Daren, my favorite blogging priest, in spite of the fact that he likes Dr.Pepper!
Jeffrey Smith, with whom I trade comments with on Fr. Daren's blog.
Thom, whose defense of Mt.Dew is admirable.