January 20, 2008

1,2,3

Fr. Daren tagged me for this book meme.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

From James Patterson's "Double Cross"



"...God, how many memories were here - his father screaming at him until his veins looked like they would burst, the general striking him so many times he lost count. And Miriam - never saying a word, pretending that she didn't know about the beatings, the tongue-lashings, the years of constant abuse.
"Boo - Mommy!" Kyle said as he popped up behind the old girl."

I tag Barb, Christine, Michele, Kimberlee and the Kitchen Madonna.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Esther beat you to the tag! She tagged me yesterday and so my meme is up already (since the very same book I used is still the closest book to me, no point in repeating myself). Thanks for the tag.

Ellen said...

Duh, and I saw that too!