January 08, 2008

Celebrating an anniversary

Tomorrow I will be celebrating an anniversary. The anniversary of my 29th birthday. Yes, I've decided that I won't celebrate birthdays any more, just anniversaries of my 29th. It sounds more interesting and doesn't make me feel as old.

Okay, I'll admit that tomorrow is my birthday. My 48th birthday. There, I've said it. My name is Ellen and I am 48 years old. Ow. See, it sounds better if I say that I am celebrating the 19th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

I have nothing spectacular planned for tomorrow. My parents will bring my niece to my house and we will go out to lunch. My son too if he gets back from the shore in time. My husband is away for work and won't be home until tomorrow night, so he won't join us.

My niece is visiting from Texas. We picked her up last Tuesday night and she has been staying with my parents since then. She is 21 years old and is a real piece of work - she has inherited the gene for comedy and witty sarcasm from my mom's side of the family. I have the gene too, so when she and I are together, it usually makes for a lot of laughs. My brother (her dad) has the gene too as well as one of his sons and my son. This gene causes us to find humor in some of the stupidest things and gives us the ability to think quick when a funny situation is upon us. Unfortunately, with the gene come sarcasm. For the most part, it is good sarcasm, but occasionally it gets us into trouble.

So tomorrow, we will have an interesting lunch. And hopefully there will be no food coming out of any one's nose.

4 comments:

christine M said...

Have a great birthday, Ellen!

EC Gefroh said...

ha ha ha. I like your idea. BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I am one year older :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ELLEN!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy birthday! (Or anniversary, as the case may be...)

Have a great time at lunch, and just remember, it's not a fun meal if someone doesn't spew their beverage across the table ;)

Rev. Daren J. Zehnle, J.C.L., K.C.H.S. said...

Happy birthday!