December 30, 2008

Will I ever feel better?

I am sick. I've been sick for the past week. I'm tired of being sick.

The week before Christmas I thought I was coming down with a cold. I tried extra zinc and Air Born and I thought I had it licked. But I was wrong. By Sunday I felt like I had been hit by a car. So off I went to the doctor on Monday and he gave me an antibiotic. By Wednesday, I felt a little better, but I still had some swollen glands that hurt like anything. So back I went to the doctor - my cold was a combination of bacterial and viral and the glands were the viral part.

So here I am, over a week later and still hacking my brains out. So back to the doctor I will go, and hopefully I will get some relief from hacking my brains out.

Added 12/31 @11:00 PM - Saw the doctor again and I now have new drugs - stronger antibiotic and prescription cough medicine. Had a chest x-ray so I know it isn't pneumonia. Hopefully tonight I will get some sleep.

4 comments:

christine M said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Mental P Mama said...

I had it for two weeks after Thanksgiving. Take care. Lots and lots of tea and sleep.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

NO FUN! Middle Sister has what sounds like the same thing. Hope you are feeling better soon!

abb said...

I've not been visiting lately (SHAME!) so didn't know you've been under the weather. Hope all is well by now, this first day of the New Year.