January 08, 2010

I survived "the big one"

Yesterday I hit the big 50. Can I really be that old? It seems like only yesterday I was graduating from high school and heading off to college. And getting my first "real" job and getting married and having a child. Just where did all those years go?

I did some investigating and discovered that I was born on Saturday and my 50th birthday was also on Saturday. That was interesting. I didn't know that I was born on Saturday.

My day was quiet - spent with my husband, Spawn and parents - just the way I wanted it. I'm not much for being the center of attention and I made it very clear to my husband that since his 50th isn't for nine months, any birthday craziness for me would be multiplied by at least 5 for him. In the interest of his sanity, he listened and I enjoyed the day.

I must end now, so I can fix my description on my page - I'm no longer a forth-something . I'm 50 and proud of it.

3 comments:

Nurse Nancy said...

A very Happy "Big" Birthday to you my dear friend. Just remember Spawn's idea that you are celebrating the 25th anniversary of your 25th birthday. I like that idea.

bichonpawz said...

Happy Birthday! I know how that feels...I'm 51 now! I'm so sorry to hear about your Maxie....he did live a good long life and will be waiting for you at the bridge...at least he is free from pain now. My girlz are the loves of my life...they are such a big part of our family!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Glad you had a great day. Wish my husband would listen to things like that...he LOVES the attention! I say, let him have it....not me. Love the $49.95 graphic :)