March 04, 2010

My new obsession

In the past week, I have become enamored and obsessed with the Showtime series "The Tudors." I decided to give an episode a try since I was bored and was just hanging out trying to rest and get rid of a cold. I was instantly hooked.

Not knowing much about the history of the reign of Henry VIII, it has been interesting to learn about his break from the Catholic Church in order to divorce his first wife and take a second in order to produce a legitimate male heir.

I've only gotten as far as the birth of a daughter with his second wife and I'm looking forward to catching up by finishing the second and third seasons.

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

This Anglican can tell you a thing or two! Awesome series!

Nurse Nancy said...

I hope that new obsession has helped to rid you of your cold. Will have to check out the series...my new obsession - Parenthood. I cannot even get through telling people about it without crying.

abb said...

I always forget about PBS and there are so many good shows!