December 04, 2010

Copycat Meme

Kate at Chronicles of a Country Girl posted this meme on her blog today. It looked fun, so I thought I'd play along.

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider? Hot chocolate

2. Turkey or Ham? Beef

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree? Sadly, fake - too many mishaps with falling real trees and broken ornaments.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house? Lights, wreaths and swags on the house. If my husband is cooperative, I let him put the inflatable Santa and Snowman in the back yard.

5. Snowball fights or sleddin'? Sledding

7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping? Not many places to shop where I live - a sad mall and a beautiful historic downtown with few stores. Mostly I shop on-line.

8. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas by Bing Crosby

9. How do you feel about Christmas movies? I watch as many as I can. Besides White Christmas, I love The Christmas Card.

10. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? Before Black Friday

11. Stockings before or after presents? They're only for decorative purposes any more at my house

12. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them? Don't have any where I live

13. Go to someone else's house or they come to you? We usually go to my parent's home for Christmas dinner, but we've hosted a few times at our home

14. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when? Not usually

15. What do you do after presents and dinner? Usually veg out and watch a movie

16. What is your favorite holiday smell? Cookies baking

17. Ice skating or walking around the mall? Used to love ice skating, but now it's walking around the neighborhood

18. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day? It depends

19. Favorite Christmas memory? One year, when our son was about three or four, he put the angel on the tree and started singing "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat." It was too precious.

20. Favorite Part about winter? Taking a walk on a snowy evening


21. Ever been kissed under mistletoe? I'll never tell!!!

Feel free to copy and play along.



3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Fun! I wish I had videos of my singing babies.....

Country Girl said...

White Christmas is a classic. And what a sweet memory! Thanks for playing along, Ellen.

Nurse Nancy said...

This is a fun one....I played along on my blog. See you soon!