November 28, 2013

On being thankful

This Thanksgiving, I have so much to be thankful for.  Even more this year than in years past.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband as we celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary today.  He has been my rock, a terrific father and my best friend.

I am thankful for my awesome son, who has given me the best name, Mom.  I am more proud of him every day.

I am thankful for my parents.  I am so blessed to have them at 91 and 84 years of age and still going strong.

I am thankful for my brothers - I love them both so much.

I am thankful for their families - my sisters-in-law, my three nephews, my niece and my nephew's fiancé.

I am thankful for the wonderful doctors, nurses and staff at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital who took wonderful care of my mom during and after her open heart surgery.  You all rock!

I am thankful that my husband has a good job and allows me to be a stay at home wife and mother.  And this year, it allowed me to be a care giver to my mom and a helper for my dad.

I am thankful that my son has a good job, and will be starting a new one in January.

I am thankful for a loving God, who listens to my prayers and always answers them.  Even if I sometimes don't like the answer.  But He know better than I what I need and He always provides.

I am thankful for wonderful friends, some near and some far.




2 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ellen,
Thanks so much for your visit and very kind words!!

Wishing you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ellen,
Thanks so much for all your visits and kind words!!

Hugs,
Deb