September 14, 2010

It must be nearing fall..

It must be nearing fall because:
  1. Our pool is closed for the season.
  2. I'm cleaning out the shed because I have to store pool ladders, covers, toys....
  3. I made a trip to the mum farm yesterday.
  4. I bought silk mums and other fall flowers to make a new wreath for the front door.
  5. I've been thatching the lawn (by hand, not with a power thatcher) before we aerate and fall seed. Even thought I usually thatch in the spring, the lawn looks so awful because of the summer drought, so I have to clean out some of the dead grass. So far, I cleared three trash cans full of dead grass.
  6. I've ordered two long sleeve tee shirts from Land's End.
I love fall. This year I am so ready for some cooler weather. And a trip to West Point for some awesome tailgating. And making applesauce.

8 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I've been cleaning out the shed for the same reason! And the garage...fall just makes me want to tidy stuff up.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

93 or 94 here today wish it were fall... nights are pretty nice ... unless they stay above 75...

Nurse Nancy said...

I am with you! Bought my mums last week! Picked apples on Sunday. Made a crisp (yum) and will pick more for applesauce this weekend. Looking forward to West Point!

Mental P Mama said...

I love mums!!!!

Deb said...

Oh...mums! I love the purpley ones the best...but like Laura said...it is still too damn hot down South. Long sleeves? Gah! Not yet....but you enjoy them for me and I'll tell you when I caught up to you!

Diane said...

I wish we had had more heat. I'm sad now that fall is upon us and we barely had a summer!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Mums are my favorites! West Point as in VA??? Let me know. We can meet!
<><

Ellen said...

Noe-Noe - Not VA. NY as in the US Military Academy. I'll be sure to let you know if I head to VA sometime.