June 24, 2011

"The Blackberry Bush" - a quick review

About a month or so ago, I received a book from The B & B Media Group, "The Blackberry Bush," which I was asked to read and review. Having never done this before, unless you include a plethora of nuisance book reports in school, I decided I would give being a reviewer a try. It was an interesting experienced.

"The Blackberry Bush," a novel by David Housholder, is the story of two people, Kati and Josh, born on the day the Berlin Wall falls, one in the United States and the other in Europe. Although they don't know it, they are related. Their grandparents are half-siblings, born during war times, who don't know that the other exists. It is though fate that they are brought together and learn of their familial relationship.

The story follows Kati and Josh and how their grandparents are related and how they eventually meet. It carries into the future when they are parents and how they become friends.

"The Blackberry Bush" is a great beach or pool read. I enjoyed it and will pass it on.

UPDATE: My good friend Mental Mama has suggested a give away for this book. Sounds like a plan to me. If you are interested, leave a comment about what you'll be doing this summer and I'll pull a name for the winner. Entries through Monday at noon. Since I'll be home prepping for my colonoscopy, it'll give me something to do in between trips to the bathroom. Oops - I know, TMI! Enter anyway.


2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

A giveaway!?!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

So was that noon Eastern or Pacific? ;)