August 17, 2016

Time Flies - When You're Busy


Can it be that I haven't posted in almost a year?  I remember a time when I thought it was awful if I missed two days.  And now I don't seem to have time to post.  That and sometimes I feel like I don't have much to say.

Much has happened in the past, almost 12 months. I became a great aunt when my nephew and his wife had their son.  So that makes my parents great-grandparents!  And that's exciting.

My son has been kicking butt at his job and was recognized for his efforts by qualifying for a company sponsored trip for it's top performing employees.  And he continues to impress not only us, but his bosses.  We are incredibly proud of the man he has become - a wonderful son and grandson, a hardworking employee.  He has a terrific girlfriend.

My husband continues to build the company he works for.  His hard work has been recognized with several reward trips that we have taken together.  It's been great to be able to spend some time away with him and see some new places.  We've managed to extend the trips a few extra days and make them mini-vacations.

My parents are hanging in there.  There are some serious health issues that have limited their ability to travel and do many things that they like to do,  but they are troopers and never give up on life.  They are the most wonderful role models that any child could have.

I have been busy with many things.  I work part time for my husband.  I help my parents when I can, visiting them at least once a week. I've had my own health issues in the past year - a few kidney stones, one requiring surgery and that darn left knee, which I had scoped last month,  will need a replacement in the near future.  I've seen the pictures of it - and as an accountant, with no medical training,  I can tell you it's not pretty - bone on bone - ugh.

I wish I was more organized.  And more motivated to do things that I know I need to do.  I hate cooking for two, so I don't cook as often as I like.  I get angry with my self for spending too much time on the internet and watching TV.  I am trying to work on these aspects of my life, but some days - well some of you might understand.

No more "Debbie Downer" talk.  I hope to try and post more often.



3 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I hear you...I have been bone on bone with a meniscus tear for 3 years now and looking to put knee replacement surgery off for at least 3 more years and then not go back to work and retire at 62 years old!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!! we are hoping that the priest we have now will be transferred to another church in the Summer. If he is not, then we will have to make a decision on what to do.......
Hugs,
Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Me again!! Just wanted to stop by to thank you for your visit!!!
Hugs,
Deb