April 17, 2007

Tragedy reminds us...

My heart and prayers go out to all the families who lost a son or daughter, sister or brother, aunt or uncle, grandson or granddaughter or friend in the tragedy at Virginia Tech. I pray for the victims and their families and for the disturbed young man who felt he had no other option than to kill innocent people. How sad it is that someone could get so desperate that killing others is the only thing that makes sense to them.

This story disturbs me even more since my son will be going away to college in the fall. I am finally understanding how my parents felt when my brothers and I left home to go to school. You raise your children to be the best people they can be, you teach them right from wrong, how to make good decisions and in the end, their life is in God's hands as you send them off into the big world. Why does it take a terrible tragedy to remind us that life is precious and we need to live each day to the fullest since any day could be our last on earth?

No comments: