May 05, 2008

Walk towards the light,,,,

I am seeing the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel." Today was the closing Mass for CCD at my parish. It was the final closing Mass before the July 1 merger of my parish with the other parish in town. With only Confirmation left later on this month, my official tenure as CCD coordinator will be over.

But, since meeting with the Religious Ed staff at the other parish last week, I have started to re-think whether this is the best choice for the children from my parish. Having met with their staff, it has become apparent that our parish needs a strong voice to be certain that the children are not "left out."

So, in the next few weeks I will spend some time praying on whether to continue to be involved or to stick to my original plan and walk away. There are pros and cons to each side of this internal struggle, and I will need the Lord's guidance to do the right thing.

No comments: