January 17, 2010

Day three

The rainy day gave us the opportunity to spend another few hours in the basement. I tackled the unfinished side of the basement, sweeping, cleaning up the pantry area, consolidating and packing away an increasing supply of paper products and sorting through some items that had already been put aside for donation. I managed to create one bag of trash and a box of cardboard for recycling. The hub tackled the finished side of the basement where the remnants of his move out of his former office were stacked in boxes. He went through the boxes and sorted into recycling, repacking and pitching. We finished up with a good vacuuming of the finished side of the basement.

Today's carnage - three trash bags and a few assorted items to be pitched that wouldn't fit in a trash bag and the beginning of a new pile for donation.

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You are putting me to shame! But If I had to go through old stuff in my basement today, I'd cough up a lung. Pretty visual isn't it?

abb said...

2 13 gallon bags here. Not even stuff for Good Will. Though there's 3 more bags/boxes started for that! YIPPEE for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It feels so good to let go of all that extra stuff.

Nurse Nancy said...

You go girl....I am working hard too!

big hair envy said...

Just stopping by to catch up. Happy Belated Birthday! I hear 50 is the new 25;)

I REALLY like the 40 trashbags in 40 days idea. Last year, we cleaned out the garage and the attic to prepare for our garage enclosure. It was the best feeling in the world to know that all of that stuff was out of there!! Unfortunately, the things that I just couldn't part with were stored in our shed....which is a disaster! This challenge is a good incentive for me to get out into the shed this weekend, and get rid of MORE CRAP! Won't it feel good to live a CRAP-FREE life??