February 01, 2013

Abbey Who???




I was, as I am often, late to the game and only discovered Downton Abbey after the second season.  I had often thought about watching it, but by the time I got around to it, it was no longer being shown either as re-runs or available in the "On Demand" section from my cable provider.  Fortunately, a friend had been loaned the first two seasons on DVD and was kind enough to let me borrow it.  Needless to say, I was hooked.  And after I finished watching those first two seasons, the third season couldn't come on tv fast enough.  But that was several months away.

When the new season finally arrived, I was thrilled that my husband was also interested in watching it too.  So Sunday nights we watch.  Probably for different reasons.  While I think he enjoys the story, I know he loves the house and would love to have one like it.  He's a bit of a History buff and loves old houses with paneled studies and lots of rooms.

So if you are a fan, here's a quiz that I found on a favorite blog,  Beyond the Picket Fence.  I took it, and found that I am Sir Robert.  I can't figure that one out, since I am a pretty compassionate person and no where as cold as he is.  But it was fun taking the quiz.


Robert, Earl of Grantham


You are Robert, Earl of Grantham. Honest and old-fashioned, you’re primarily motivated by honor and duty. You’re so honorable, you’re actually willing to let a virtual stranger inherit all your worldly goods rather than risk breaking up your family’s legacy. Some people might call you a stick in the mud, but you can be extremely generous and forgiving toward those you feel have earned your loyalty.

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I am Sir Robert, too!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I am also Sir Robert. Do you think the quiz is "fixed?"