Country Girl Kate was tagged for the 7 Random things meme and changed it to a 7 Random Things the Christmas version. So I thought I might give it a go since I am a pretty random person.
1) I love to decorate the Christmas trees. I hate to dismantle them.
2) My mom and dad and I make nut roll every year for Christmas. It's our family tradition to make them and give them as gifts.
3) For the past 6 years I have been helping to decorate my church for Christmas. It's a great way to get into the holy holiday spirit.
4) I am notorious for wrapping presents at the last minute, despite the fact that my shopping is usually done at least a week before Christmas.
5) I stopped believing in "the big guy in red" when I was in third grade and I heard my parents taking presents down stairs when I was supposed to be asleep. I was devastated.
6) Our traditional Christmas dinner is beef with potato filling - a PA Dutch favorite that is a lot like bread filling, but made from potatoes instead. We all fight over the crust on the top. Certain family members have been known to skim the top and leave the insides.
7) One of my favorite Christmas presents was a Flexible Flyer sled that I got in 5th grade. I still have it and I still use it when I get the chance. My son uses it too.
Feel free to play along if your would like to - especially SFO Mom, Fr. D, Michele and any other kind souls who actually read the drivel I post here! Mental Mama and TSAnnie will probably see this on Kate's site before mine. I hope you play along!
I need to do this! I love hearing about everyone's holiday. Is it snowing there?
OK I'll do this! It's the kind of meme I like - short and to the point, but also interesting...tho I don't know if my answers are going to be that interesting.
BUT do I ever remember my Flexible Flyer! We lived on a big hill and made a flyer trail, augmented by the water we poured on it, to shoot down on. It was dangerous (to we kids at least), fast and so much fun!
Don't have mine any more (sigh).
Thanks for the memory, Ms. El.
How sad when you found out about Santa! But it's really cool that you still use your sled!!!
We had a flexible flyer too. My brother and sister like to tell about the time that I went screaming down the path through the woods on it. It was icy and I lost control. Headfirst into a tree! We couldn't tell Mom because we were not supposed to be in the woods. (I have no idea where she thought we were...)
Post a Comment