Country Girl Kate was tagged for the 7 Random things meme and changed it to a 7 Random Things the Christmas version. So I thought I might give it a go since I am a pretty random person.
1) I love to decorate the Christmas trees. I hate to dismantle them.
2) My mom and dad and I make nut roll every year for Christmas. It's our family tradition to make them and give them as gifts.
3) For the past 6 years I have been helping to decorate my church for Christmas. It's a great way to get into the holy holiday spirit.
4) I am notorious for wrapping presents at the last minute, despite the fact that my shopping is usually done at least a week before Christmas.
5) I stopped believing in "the big guy in red" when I was in third grade and I heard my parents taking presents down stairs when I was supposed to be asleep. I was devastated.
6) Our traditional Christmas dinner is beef with potato filling - a PA Dutch favorite that is a lot like bread filling, but made from potatoes instead. We all fight over the crust on the top. Certain family members have been known to skim the top and leave the insides.
7) One of my favorite Christmas presents was a Flexible Flyer sled that I got in 5th grade. I still have it and I still use it when I get the chance. My son uses it too.
Feel free to play along if your would like to - especially SFO Mom, Fr. D, Michele and any other kind souls who actually read the drivel I post here! Mental Mama and TSAnnie will probably see this on Kate's site before mine. I hope you play along!